There are over 300 children between the ages of four and eighteen years old currently enrolled in the education programme, which makes it the largest department in SKIP. We aim to maintain an exciting, stimulating and engaging learning environment. Our aim is not to replace the local education system, but rather supplement it. Following a curriculum designed especially for the children at SKIP, we provide classes in subjects such as reading comprehension, Maths and Computing.
There is a lot of flexibility for this position as we have various computing needs within the organisation and volunteers can choose the areas they are most qualified in and feel most confident in managing. Here are a list of the projects available:
1. Under the supervision of the Primary and Secondary Education Coordinators, to plan and lead computing classes, one morning and one afternoon per week. Additionally, the volunteer could potentially lead classes one afternoon per week for the parents of the children enrolled at SKIP, to the SKIP volunteers themselves, or in the public schools.
2. Maintenance of computers – we have laptops and PC’s that are in desperate need of updates, virus protection and cleaning out and no one has a clear idea of how to do that.
3. Database – thanks to a partnership with Salesforce, we have 10 licenses for their database systems and various volunteers have helped us to develop storage for information about families, volunteer recruitment and Economic Development payments. However, there is still development required and we desperately need to train staff in Peru so they are confident using the system.
4. Website – we use wordpress for the SKIP website and we also have a Google Ads account where we receive $10,000 in free advertising per month. We are always in need of more help maintaining and developing these projects.
The volunteer will also help with other activities in the primary and/or secondary programmes, such as reading, homework, sport and art, depending on preference and need.
- Basic level of Spanish
- Background in relevant field
- One month minimum commitment
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working with children
- Experience living/working in a Latin American country
The benefits of volunteering with us:
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- A thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- Structured and relevant training from fully qualified and experienced staff members????? you can read??bios for all our permanent team??on the website
- Mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- The chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- Confirmation of volunteer service
If you feel ready to apply, download an application form??
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Click here to go back to??Positions Available